NEW YORK, Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shutterstock Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of digital imagery, announced today its panel of judges for Shutterstock Stories, a creative grant program that will award $75,000 to artists around the world. This esteemed group was selected based on each individual's creative innovation and artistic leadership.
- Geralyn White Dreyfous, Executive Producer of the Academy Award® Winning Born Into Brothels and co-founder of Impact Partners, an organization that connects filmmakers with investors and philanthropists
- Declan Gough, UK-based publisher for Future Publishing'sDigital Design portfolio, including .Net, Creative Bloq, 3D World and Computer Arts
- Eduardo Kobra, Brazilian street artist most notable for his "Walls of Memory" project, that seeks to transform urban landscapes through geocentric historical imagery
- Nicole Stipp, Marketing and Communications Specialist for kate spade new york
- Annie Werner, Brooklyn-based Art Evangelist for Tumblr and advocate for artists
"Stories celebrates the amazing work of our contributors, who include filmmakers, illustrators and photographers," said Shutterstock Curator Liz Lapp. "It's an honor to be working with this esteemed panel of judges, each of whom brings a unique perspective from the creative world."
Submissions for Stories will be accepted through August 14, 2013. During the grant selection process, the panel of judges will review video and text entries from Shutterstock contributors and select 5 finalists, each of which will receive $5,000, and one grand-prize winner to be awarded $25,000. The public will also have the opportunity to select a People's Choice Winner to also receive $25,000.
To learn more about the creative grant program, or read the official submission rules, visit the Shutterstock Blog.
Shutterstock is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations and videos to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world.
Shutterstock works closely with its growing contributor community of photographers, videographers, illustrators and designers to curate a global marketplace for royalty-free imagery. Shutterstock adds tens of thousands of rights-cleared images each week, and with more than 25 million images currently available, the company recently surpassed 300-million image downloads.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency, Offset, a high-end image collection, and Skillfeed, an online marketplace for learning.
For more information, please visit http://www.shutterstock.com/, and follow Shutterstock on Twitter or on Facebook.
SOURCE Shutterstock Inc.
Meagan Kirkpatrick, +1-646-402-2854, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com