Shutterstock Introduces Offset, a New Brand Featuring a Curated Collection of Extraordinary, Licensable Images
NEW YORK, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), a leading global provider of commercial digital imagery, today announced Offset, a new brand featuring a collection of remarkable imagery from top photographers and illustrators around the world. With Offset, creative image buyers don't have to choose between authentic, sophisticated, imagery and a straightforward licensing process. True to its name, Offset is revolutionary and unique, set apart from existing stock collections.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130328/NY85421LOGO-a )
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130328/NY85421LOGO-b )
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120514/NY06418LOGO )
- Offset contributors are the best in their class. Some of the artists featured on the site include assignment photographers Maura McEvoy and David Prince, and illustrators Jacob Thomas and Rian Hughes. Offset also features work from established and respected collections including National Geographic and Huber Images.
- Offset content is exceptional. Every image has been hand-curated and serves a purpose in the collection. Images are authentic, narrative, and of high production value. Categories featured on Offset include commercial lifestyle, food, travel and fashion.
- Offset's licensing terms are generous. With a simple, royalty-free license, covering unlimited print and online usage, Offset imagery meets the need for high-quality commercial imagery.
- Offset's pricing is upfront. Pricing is simple and transparent, and visible alongside each image. Small files are currently priced at $250 and large files are $500.
- Offset delivers an elegant, frictionless user experience. Offset features large images, minimal text and a beautiful mosaic interface. The site was designed to highlight the imagery.
"In 2003 Shutterstock disrupted the landscape for royalty free imagery with an easier way to license content. With Offset, we're doing it again, but with content of an entirely new caliber," said Shutterstock's Founder and CEO Jon Oringer.
"The world has changed. Designers have an increasing need for assignment-quality, authentic imagery that's engaging and tells a story," said Vice President of Content Scott Braut. "Brands have become publishers, and traditional news and education outlets are producing more content for an increasing number of platforms. Offset answers this need by connecting leading artists – many of whom have never licensed content through traditional stock agencies before – with buyers around the world."
"We expect Offset will become the go-to destination for high-end imagery," said Vice President and General Manager Ben Pfeifer. "Offset's royalty free licensing model is customer-friendly, generous and transparent."
Offset is currently in private beta. A public launch will follow later this year. Interested buyers may request an invitation by visiting Offset.com. To watch the Offset preview video, click here.
Shutterstock is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations and videos to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock works closely with its growing contributor community of photographers, videographers, illustrators and designers to curate a global marketplace for royalty-free imagery. Shutterstock adds tens of thousands of rights-cleared images each week, and with more than 24 million files currently available, the Company recently surpassed 280 million image downloads. Shutterstock also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency.
For more information, please visit http://www.shutterstock.com, and follow Shutterstock on Twitter or on Facebook.